How to use these character files
How to get character X early
How to make the Hammerhead’s shields stronger
Gibbed’s Save Editor (outgoing link)
Suicide Mission Survival Calculator
As with everyting you download from the internet, be cautious with the files on this page. I do check for viruses, and am relatively sure that none of my files is infected, but it is always better to be safe than sorry.
Before you start to modify any file, make a backup-copy of it. No, really, do it. NOW!
Face code: 831.JFP.H77.F8A.6B9.D3I.1F5.944.VU6.917.6G7.376, custom hair
Cosmetic surgery unlocked but not done.
Romance: didn’t romance anyone in ME1, romanced Thane in ME2
[ DOWNLOAD ]
- Asari Consort: completed quest, received and used trinket
- Scanned all Keepers
- Met and charmed Conrad Verner
- Punched the annoying reporter.
- Saved the Council, made Anderson councillor
- Released Shiala
- Released Rachni queen
- Let Rana Thanoptis go
- Gave evidence to Gianna Parasini
- Recruited Garrus, Tali and Wrex
- Saved Ashley on Virmire, Wrex lives, pushed Garrus towards Spectre training (renegade)
- Gave Tali a copy of the data found during the Geth Incursions mission
- Recruited Samara, Zaeed and Kasumi
- Got Grunt out of the tank
- Activated and recruited Legion
- Made Kasumi destroy contents of the graybox
- Let Mordin keep data of the genophage cure experiments, let Maelon live
- Kept the findings about Tali’s father a secret
- Destroyed the heretic geth, lobbied for peace with the geth
- Got all Normandy upgrades
- Zaeed and Jacob did NOT survive suicide mission (did not do their loyalty missions)
- Destroyed the Collector base
- Punched the annoying reporter. Again.
- Let Rana Thanoptis go. Again. (I just know this will bite me in the ass in ME3…)
- Helped Gianna Parasini on Illium
- Helped Conrad Verner
- Helped Liara by hacking the computer consoles and hunting down the Shadow Broker
- Saved Sidonis
- Saved Mordin’s assistant
- Social work for Thane’s son
How to get character X early
Don’t put extra people in your squad until after you meet The Illusive Man. There is a part of the introduction that will break (when Wilson joins your squad) if your party has Jacob and someone else in it already. I usually wait until I have finished the Freedom’s Progress mission to be on the safe side.
- Download the latest build of Gibbed’s Save Editor and unpack it. I put it right into my Mass Effect installation directory. Make sure you don’t forget the two .dll files.
- MAKE A GODDAMN BACKUP-COPY OF THE FILE YOU ARE GOING TO EDIT!!!
- Double-click the file Gibbed.MassEffect2.SaveEdit.exeto start the editor. Then double-click on the folder symbol in the top-left corner of the program window. Navigate to the folder of the save-file you want to edit, select the file, click open.
- For this tutorial we need the Plot tab, then the Henchmen sub-tab, and then the Flags sub-sub-tab. Clicky-box time! The result should look like this, if you want to be able to select Thane for your squad:
Don’t forget to save your edited file! Now, close the editor, start the game, and load the edited save (You did remember to memorise its number, didn’t you?). Enjoy! WARNING: Don’t bring a character that you have edited this way to his (or her) own recruitment mission. The resulting space-time paradoxon will crash the game.